Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog

has been moved to new address

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en

Help blog closed ... seww new Help-Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

FAQ: Barnacle Bay

Question
What is this Barnacle Bay ?
Answer
Barnacle Bay is a new world which can be bought through the Sims 3 Store and in retail stores (only contains a code, no disc). It's another world like Sunset Valley, Riverview etc with a pirate based theme. There is also the Buccaneer's Bounty Set available that is now included in the new version.

Barnacle Bay is no vacation world and has no extra functionality.

Question
Which Patch/Add-ons do I need for Barnacle Bay ?
Answer
You will need at least Patch 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3. You only need the base game.


Question
I bought the retail version of Barnacle Bay but there is no DVD in the case. Should I return it ?
Answer
No, that's how they sell it. The box contains a redemption code which can be redeemed at the Sims 3 Store. You will still need a Internet Connection to get it. To get it on DVD you will need to download the file from the Store and then burn the file Barnacle Bay.Sims3Pack to a CD yourself.

Question
How to I redeem my code ?
Answer
Go to this page: A New World Awaits - Escape to Barnacle Bay today and click on Redeem Code on the right hand side to enter you code. You can later download the world from your Purchase History.

Question
I bought Barnacle Bay in the store when it first came out. When I click on the page it now says that I did not buy it. Why is that and where can I redownload.
Answer
Since the new Barnacle Bay also contains Buccaneer's Bounty + two extra stairs, it's not the same set anymore. Thus, you don't own it, even if you have both Barnacle Bay and Buccaneer's Bounty. To redownload the version you bought, you may do so through your Purchase History. I would advise you save the file Barnacle Bay.Sims3Pack and BuccaneerSet.Sims3Pack to an external hard drive so that you can reinstall if your Purchase History is acting up.

Question
Is there a possibility to get those stairs if I have already bought Barnacle Bay
Answer
People that contacted Customer Support with the problem, have been given a $20 EA Store coupon with which they were able to buy the Simpoints to buy the new version. You will need to have both Buccaneer's Bounty and Barnacle Bay in your purchase history to qualify.

Further Reading 

Labels: ,